Accredited Spirometry Training Workshops
Proudly Australia’s FIRST Accredited Spirometry Training Workshop!
This is a full day, interactive, VIRTUAL hands-on workshop which includes both theoretical and practical training modules. This workshop builds a solid framework for participants to develop the essential skills & knowledge to become competent in measuring accurate spirometry that meets the international quality guidelines.
- Accredited for the QLD Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme
- Approved for NSW Coal Services Order 43
- Meets core competencies outlined by ANZSRS Spirometry Training Courses
- Suitable for Health Surveillance for Crystalline Silica
- Suitable for Chronic Disease Management for COPD & Asthma
FULL DAY VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
FOLLOW UP ASSESSMENT
There are no pre-requisites to attend the workshop. We accept enrolments from all health professionals conducting spirometry in Primary Care or Occupational Health, including
- Registered Nurses
- Enrolled Nurses
- Asthma Educators
- Exercise Physiologists
- Occupational Health Hygienists
- Health Assessors
- Aboriginal Health Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Understand the core concepts of Spirometry
- Understand the international guidelines for performing spirometry
- Apply good spirometry testing practice in measurements
- Identify and overcome instrument or patient-related problems
- Understand normal results vs abnormal results
- Adhere to quality assurance & infection control guidelines
- Understand the requiremetns of a spirometry procedure manual
Face to face: $610 (+GST) per participant
Virtual: $525 (+GST) per participant
- access to the online learning platform
- full day practical workshop
- spirometry resources
- follow up workplace assessment
Discounted fees available for large organisations. Please get in touch with us to discuss.
Successful completion of all workshop components (online, workshop & assessment) is required prior to receiving a certificate.
Certificate is valid for 12 months.
To get started you first need to enrol & make payment for an upcoming event. You will then receive access into the online learning portal to start your preparation for the course. See our events page for details.