“In summary, these data indicate that a majority of the spirometry performed under the Scheme is likely to be of poor quality and more on-going training and quality assurance is needed to reach accepted standards”. Monash review, page 55
The Spirometry Training Company can support medical practices in meeting the spirometry requirements for Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme,NSW Order 43 and Health Surveillance for Crystalline Silica.
This package includes
- Spirometry Training
- Access to quality resources (including interpretation algorithm and translation posters)
- Spirometry procedures manual template
- Development and implementation of spirometry QC procedures and suitable infection control measures, in accordance with international standards and the Queensland Health Spirometry (adult) guideline (PDF, 430KB).
- Ongoing 12 month support – gives you access to ask us your spirometry related questions
- Quality feedback on anonymous spirometry results to determine if the quality of tests meets international standards
- Expert over-reading for quality assessment of results
- Discounted refresher course